National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits. This year’s theme is “Personalize Your Plate.” There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! And a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist can tailor a healthful eating plan that is as special as you are.
Each week individuals and families are challenged to focus on different aspects of their nutrition.
Week One: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Avoid distractions while eating.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Week Two: Plan your meals each week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful eating at school and at work.
- Plan healthful eating while traveling.
Week Three: Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Keep healthful ingredients on hand.
- Practice proper home food safety.
- Share meals together as a family when possible.
- Reduce food waste.
- Try new flavors and foods.
Week Four: Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)!
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Receive personalized nutrition advice to meet your goals.
- Meet RDNs in a variety of settings throughout the community.
- Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.
- Thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
It is important to make nutrition a priority, but it can be hard to know where to start. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has a vast resource library full of helpful handouts, activity sheets and videos focused on areas that include weight loss, planning and prepping of meals, nutrition, exercise and more. To view the full video library, click here.
Below you will find a list of helpful downloadable handouts and activity sheets to get you and your family started down the right path to a healthy nutritional lifestyle.
Eat Right Handouts
- Download 20 Health Tips for 2021
- Download 20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits & Vegetables
- Download Eating Right for a Healthy Weight
- Download Eating Right on a Budget
- Download Healthy Eating on the Run: A Month of Tips
- Download Smart Snacking Tips for Adults and Teens
- Download Smart Snacking Tips for Kids
Eat Right Activity Sheets
- Download National Nutrition Month 2021 Quiz
- Download Crossword Puzzle
- Download Nutrition Sudoku Easy
- Download Nutrition Sudoku Difficult
- Download Word Search
Having a healthy mouth is also part of living a healthy nutritional lifestyle. To make sure your teeth are in tip-top-shape, schedule your 6-month dental checkup today with Roseman Dental!